Bookie is an online database into which you store your favorite web bookmarks. Your bookmark database is accessible from every Internet connected computer around the world.
As simple and easy as an online service can be.
- Add bookmarks
- Assign bookmarks to a certain category
- Assign visibility to bookmarks. Will enable the soon-to-come feature spreading of bookmarks to other users
- Edit boomarks
- Delete bookmarks
- Add categories
- Delete categories
- Folder-ish bookmark list
New features are being planned. Among them are the ability to import bookmarks from web browsers and bookmark sharing between users.
Bookie is currently beeing re-developed on a Java platform. The application will be designed as multilayered and non-distributed. The application will use
- JavaServer Faces in the web layer
- Spring with POJOs in the business layer
- Hibernate in the integration layer
The person behind Bookie is Fredrik Forsberg, 25 years old from sweden. Bookie is a spare-time project.
Status: Not logged in.
Idea and concept - Fredrik Forsberg 2003